Location: Sao Tome and Principe
Event: Reissued with updates due to COVID
Do Not Travel to Sao Tome and Principe due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not issued a Travel Health Notice for Sao Tome and Principe due to COVID-19, indicating an unknown level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Sao Tome and Principe.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Sao Tome and Principe:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sao Tome & Principe.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information