Event: Reissued with updates due to COVID-19
Gabon – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Do Not Travel to Gabon due to COVID-19. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire travel advisory.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Gabon due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Gabon.
Exercise Increased Caution in:
- Libreville and Port Gentil due to crime.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Gabon:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebookand Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reportfor Gabon.
- S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Libreville and Port Gentil
Crimes such as robbery, vehicle break-ins, and residential burglaries are common.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.