Event: Possible anti-government activity.
Following media reports of anti-government activity and gunshots fired in Libreville early this morning, the Embassy has advised the family members of U.S. citizen employees and local staff members to remain in their homes today. Out of an abundance of caution as we further assess the situation, the Embassy has asked the families of U.S. citizen employees to keep their children at home from school tomorrow.
The Embassy is monitoring the situation and will send updated alerts as additional information becomes available.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the downtown area.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Libreville Gabon
+241 0145 7100
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-477-4747 or 202-501-4444