Location: Libreville, Gabon
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Libreville has received reports of robberies involving weapons over the past month in the Battery IV neighborhood and on the Bord de Mer.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Be vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Review your personal security plans.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.