Location: Downtown Libreville
Event: The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to shelter in place, limit unnecessary movements around town, and continue to avoid transiting the downtown and Presidential Palace area.
The U.S. Embassy has received reports the borders and airport are currently closed and commercial flights to and from Libreville will reportedly be suspended until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area by the Presidential Palace.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Use caution when walking or driving at night.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Make contingency plans to leave.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Gabonese visa.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Monitor local media for updates.