Do not travel to Sao Tome and Principe due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Sao Tome and Principe due to COVID-19.
Travelers to Sao Tome and Principe may experience border closures, airport closures, travel prohibitions, stay at home orders, business closures, and other emergency conditions within Sao Tome and Principe due to COVID-19. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Sao Tome and Principe.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Sao Tome and Principe:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sao Tome & Principe.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 information.