Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon (March 21, 2020)
The Gabonese government has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Gabon.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
On March 21, President Ali Bongo Ondimba announced that Gabon will be implementing a country-wide curfew between the hours of 7:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. The curfew will begin on March 22 and will remain in effect until further notice.
Visit the Gabonese government’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The government has implemented quarantines for those with recent travel to affected countries, those who have symptoms, and those who have had contact with a confirmed case. Visit the Gabonese government’s COVID-19 website for updated information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sabliere, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter