Event: U.S. Citizens Requesting Assistance to Depart from Gabon
On March 20, the Gabonese government announced a suspension of all international flights. The U.S. Embassy in Libreville is considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in Gabon who wish to depart from the country.
The U.S. Embassy is working to make seats available for U.S. citizens on a special commercial flight departing from Libreville airport to Washington Dulles Airport on Friday, March 27 at approximately 3:00 a.m. Please follow the instructions below to express interest in this flight.
Please note that U.S. citizens are responsible for their own cost of tickets which is approximately $2000. All passengers must have valid passports and documentation to enter the United States. Currently, this is the only way the Embassy can assist U.S. citizens to exit Gabon as international flights are suspended and borders are currently closed. There are no plans for additional flights at this time.
If you are interested in this flight, please send the following information for each member of your group to our email address: LibrevilleACS@state.gov.
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Current phone number and WhatsApp number
- Email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number, date of issuance, date of expiration. If not a U.S. passport, please note country of issuance.
- Current location (city, country, hotel name if not in residence)
- Health condition and special considerations
- Number of U.S. citizens in your party. Please note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members seeking to travel with you.
- Gabonese visa status (i.e. valid until MM/DD/YYYY)
- Employer or affiliation within Gabon
You will receive a response if and when travel options become available on a first-come, first-serve basis. In the meantime, please enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and updates from the U.S. Embassy Libreville.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy, Libreville, Gabon
Sablière B.P. 4000
Tel: +241 01 45 71 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.