Location: Gabon, nationwide
Event: The Gabonese Ministry of Health and Social Affaires is reporting the occurrence of several unexplained deaths due to hemorrhagic fever in the Kie Ntem province in Equatorial Guinea near the border of Gabon’s North Region, specifically, the Health Districts of Oyem, Bitam, and Kye-Ossi. The land border crossing between Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea is presently closed.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to the above-mentioned areas.
- Immediately report to a health professional if you experience fever, weakness, diarrhea, or vomiting blood.
- Continue practicing good hygiene, including washing your hands and disinfecting produce.
- Monitor news programs and websites to stay abreast of new health announcements from the government of Gabon.
- Avoid large gatherings and wear a mask when in enclosed spaces.
- Do not attend wakes or funerals in the above-mentioned areas.
- Check your email regularly for additional updates from U.S. Embassy Libreville
- U.S. Embassy Libreville
+241 11 -45-71-00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444