Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
On March 12, the Gabonese government announced one confirmed case of COVID-19 in Gabon.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. Embassy, Libreville, Gabon
Sabliere B.P. 4000
Tel: +241 01 45 71 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for Gabon
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.