Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon (June 27, 2020)
Event: Possible Charter Flight on July 5
On March 20, the Gabonese government announced the suspension of all domestic and international passenger flights. The only exceptions to this prohibition are emergency and repatriation flights specifically approved by the Gabonese government.
The U.S. Embassy in Libreville has learned of a privately chartered repatriation flight that may depart from Libreville on July 5 for Amsterdam. Tickets are expected to cost $2,500 or less. Passengers interested in repatriating to the United States would be required to purchase a separate ticket from Amsterdam to a city in the United States.
If you are interested in this flight, please send an email message with the subject “Declaration of Interest in July 5 Flight” to LibrevilleACS@state.gov by midnight on Sunday, June 28 along with a copy of the passport of each U.S. citizen who is interested in traveling. Failure to submit the documents on time, may prevent you from departing.
The Embassy encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they will receive alerts and messages from the Embassy.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended all routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sablière, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter