Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon (April 9, 2020)
As Secretary Pompeo noted in his remarks to the press on March 31, the State Department urges U.S. citizens who wish to return home from abroad to do so immediately and to make arrangements to facilitate their departure while flights remain available.
On April 7, a flight departed from Libreville to Newark, New Jersey with the permission of the Gabonese government. Although the U.S. Embassy does not currently have any additional future flights scheduled, it will continue to explore all available options for U.S. citizens interested in departing.
If you are a U.S. citizen who wishes to return to the United States, please send the following information to LibrevilleACS@state.gov:
- Your full name as spelled in your passport
- Current phone number and WhatsApp number
- Email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number, date of issuance, date of expiration. If not a U.S. passport, please note country of issuance.
- Current location (city, country, hotel name if not in residence)
- Health condition and special considerations
- Number of U.S. citizens in your party. Please note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members seeking to travel with you.
- Gabonese visa status (i.e. valid until MM/DD/YYYY)
- Employer or affiliation within Gabon
- Scanned copy of the bio page of your passport
The Embassy will contact you if and when a flight becomes available. All persons who wish to depart must have appropriate travel documents.
The Embassy encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they will receive alerts and messages from the Embassy.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sablière, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter