Event: Departure Flight and New Restrictions
The Embassy has arranged for a departure flight from Libreville to Newark, New Jersey on the morning of Tuesday, April 7. If you are a U.S. citizen who previously notified the Embassy of your interest in departing on this flight, please purchase your ticket today by contacting Fanta (+228 91 96 89 18) at Ethiopian Air. The ticket price is $4500 per person. All travelers must have the required travel documents. The Embassy does not currently have any future flights planned.
The Embassy has already submitted the names of U.S. citizens who previously expressed interest in departing to the Gabonese government. If you have questions about the flight, please send an email message to LibrevilleACS@state.gov.
On April 3, President Ali Bongo Ondimba announced during a televised address that the Gabonese government will be introducing confinement measures in greater Libreville (including Libreville, Akanda, and Owendo) in the coming days. The Embassy recommends that U.S. citizens prepare by ensuring that they have sufficient food, medicine, and supplies should they need to remain at home for an extended period of time.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American citizen services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information. The Embassy is at reduced staffing and consular operations are similarly reduced.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sablière, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter