We recognize this has been a challenging period for many American citizen travelers affected by the suspension of international flights due to recently announced restrictions on air travel to and from Gabon.
If you are interested in being contacted in the event that flights out of Gabon to an airline hub in another city are scheduled, please send an email message to LibrevilleACS@state.gov with the subject line “Return Travel” and include the following information for each U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident guardian accompanying minor children in your family or group:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
Please do not call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email; we will contact you if a flight is arranged and if a seat is available. Unless you receive an email from U.S Embassy Libreville confirming your flight, please do not come to the Embassy or go to the airport in Libreville.
Please note that private passengers must pay for the cost of their flights as well as any arrangements or costs associated with lodging, food, and onward transportation.
Individuals who avail themselves of this transport will be subject to entry and exit and health requirements at the plane’s arrival countries. In the United States, passengers may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, and monitoring requirements upon reentry to the United States. For additional information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Information for Travel page.
The United States Embassy in Libreville reminds all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/. STEP is a free service to help the U.S. Embassy and Consulate contact American citizens in an emergency.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sablière, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444