Event: Possible Charter Flight on July 3
On March 20, the Gabonese government announced the suspension of all domestic and international passenger flights. The only exceptions to this prohibition are emergency and repatriation flights specifically approved by the Gabonese government.
The U.S. Embassy in Libreville has learned of a privately chartered repatriation flight that is expected to depart from Libreville on July 3 for Addis Ababa with connecting flights to Washington D.C. and cities in Canada and Europe. The estimated price for an economy class ticket is 1,850,000 XAF. Passengers may be able to obtain credit for unused flights on Ethiopian Air.
If you are interested in purchasing a ticket for this flight, please contact Pradeep Bhawnani : +241 05 55 00 00 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hitesh Punjabi : +241 05 05 65 65 (Hitesh.email@example.com) at Satguru Travel.
If you make a reservation or purchase a ticket for the flight, please send an email to LibrevilleACS@state.gov by Sunday, June 28 along with a copy of the passport of each U.S. citizen in your party who plans to travel. Failure to submit the documents on time may prevent you from departing on the flight.
The Embassy encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they will receive alerts and messages from the Embassy.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Libreville has suspended all routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Gabon.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Libreville, Gabon
Sablière, BP 4000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Gabon Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter